The axTLS library has features such as:
- The TLSv1 SSL client/server protocol
- No requirement to use any openssl libraries.
- A choice between AES block (128/256 bit) and RC4 (128 bit) stream ciphers.
- RSA encryption/decryption with variable sized keys (up to 4096 bits).
- Certificate chaining and peer authentication.
- Session resumption, session renegotiation.
- ASN.1, X.509, PKCS#8, PKCS#12 keys/certificates with DER/PEM encoding.
- Highly configurable compile time options.
- Portable across many platforms (written in ANSI C), and has language bindings in C, C#, VB.NET, Java, Perl and Lua.
- Partial openssl API compatibility (via a wrapper).
- A very small footprint (around 50-60kB for the library in 'server-only' mode).
- No dependencies on sockets - can use serial connections for example.
- A very simple API - ~ 20 functions/methods.
A list of these functions/methods are described below.
Standard C API
Big Integer API